Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Story of My OLD Stuff

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Are you familiar with the cool little video that's going around called, "The Story of Stuff?" Well, it's wonderful. The video reminds us to think before purchasing and discarding stuff.

Take my soup ladle for example.

Okay, so the kids ask me why I
still use the same old soup ladle? It's an ugly brown Tupperware soup ladle. Remember the days of brown and green Tupperware? Probably not,
you're all too young.


It occurred to me the other day that I've owned, and used, this ugly brown soup ladle for more than twenty years! YIKES!

And, guess what? I didn't even buy it, it was given to me as a Tupperware Hostess Gift! (see it pays off to host those goofy parties)

But, see, I couldn't just toss it out because it was ugly and outdated. The darn thing still works!

And, when I felt pressured to buy another soup ladle because this one is ugly and outdated, I just couldn't do it. [g]

There are many more items in my home that have lived a long, comfortable life with us. Hey, some of the items (a good many) started their lives with other folks first,
before finding their way here.

I like to think they're happy about that. ;-)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

cheryle


No comments: