Tuesday, February 26, 2008

O! the Cacophony!

Hi there.

We've been woefully behind on blogging lately, have we not? I would like to formally apologize to... whoever reads this? Mother and I have been busy working and watching movies - very tiring cycle, you know, because we are forced by our inner selves to watch that old television set until 1:30 am every night. Or should I amend that and instead say that I am forced by my inner self.

Of late we have been watching season one of Alias. *GASP CHOKE* So GOOD! Lots of kicking and punching and killing and plot twists and scandals and lovely gadgets. And outrageous costumes. It's like eating potato chips. You obviously know what they say about potato chips. I don't like to spread their tagline, so I'll keep it to myself. :)

There really is so little to say that I know exactly why we haven't been blogging. I mean, I'm going to have to work off of random thoughts, such as the fact that "blog" is one of the most cacophonous words I've ever heard.

Cacophony and euphony. I learned about these in my English book last week, so you probably already know all about them, but see, cacophony is words or a group of words that displease the ears. And euphony is just the opposite. Random fact: the words "cellar door" are widely known as the most euphonic word combinations, especially if pronounced with a British accent.

I find that very interesting.

Well, anyway, I'm going to toddle off about now...
Arrivederci!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~caroline

2 comments:

margaret said...

You are sadly mistaken. Chocolate peanut butter pie is the most euphonic word combo in the entire western hemisphere. Even Italy has nothing beautiful to offer.

Now how come I didn't know y'all had been blogging! I've been reading/looking at pics all night! Oh wait, I watched people work all night.

It was an absolutely perfect waste of time! You must blog more!

c. said...

haha, perhaps that's true..... but then, it was wikipedia that made the claim, not me!

:)

danke, dear margie.

~caroline